Tips and Tricks Before and After your Waxing Session
These waxing tips will help you prepare your skin, take the pain factor down, get an idea of what to expect and minimize bumps and irritation afterwards.Please, please follow the advice of your Therapist and refer back here for a guide of what (and what not!) to do.
BEFORE YOUR WAX:
- If you’re really worried about the pain, and haven’t had waxing before then take 1 or 2 paracetamol about 30-40 minutes before your appointment. This can help reduce the surface discomfort.
- Can I use a cream to numb pain? Wax your bikini or brazilian, or any other area without the pain! We have No Scream Cream, a topical anesthetic that alleviates exhausting wax-related pain that doesn’t interfere with standard wax formulas. Safe, natural formula numbs waxing area for a painless experience easily and is ideal for all skin types. Available in store!
- Also, Make sure your hair is long enough to remove completely from the roots . Hair must be approximately a quarter-inch in length to receive waxing services. Equivalent to 14 days of growth.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR WAX:
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness and a prickly heat type rash to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction. Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means:
- Avoid anything that will make you sweat. Sweating increases your risk of spreading bacteria to your newly-smooth skin. Also, wearing tight clothes like spandex or yoga pants is a no-no if you’ve just had a bikini, brazilian, buttocks or legs wax (the friction can cause irritation and acne).
Avoid going in direct sunlight and tanning bed for about 24 hrs. as this will cause burning and discoloration.
- Do not bathe or shower in hot water.
- No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
- Also avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria free
- Use a tea tree oil based product to apply to the area for it’s anti-bacterial qualities.
3-10 DAYS AFTER YOUR WAX:
As you skin closes over the follicles, the next consideration is to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. This is when new, often softer hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple measures can easily avoid this situation. Here’s where the “do’s” come in:
- Use the appropriate skin scrub (Scrub Me Luscious) to gently buff the area every 2-3 days – this is particularly important after about day 3 through to about the 10 day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbing, just a gentle exfoliation.
- Use an ingrown hair serum (Get the Bump out Here) to roll over the area after showering. This product contains lactic acid which helps ensure dead skin cells are buffed away allowing your hair back through the follicle opening.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTION ABOUT BRAZILIAN & BIKINI WAX:
The added bonus of following the after care advice (apart from your skin looking hair free and smooth for longer), is that it really will make your next wax a whole lot quicker and less painful.
What exactly gets covered in a Brazilian & Bikini Wax?
- Bikini Wax: Removes the hair outside the panty line, includes a the removal of a strip across the top of the panty line. Includes buttocks Strip.
- Full Brazilian Wax: Takes all hair off, front and back. Sometimes a small landing strip or triangle is left in the front. Includes buttocks Strip.
How long should my hair be before a Brazilian & Bikini Wax?
Hair must be approximately a quarter-inch in length to receive waxing services. Equivalent to 14 days of growth.
How long does it last before hair starts to grow?
It takes between 4-6 weeks to grow back but it grows back much softer and not as thick its different for everyone though so this can vary.
Brazilian Wax – How to prevent ingrown hairs?
Yes, begin exfoliating – gently – on a daily basis, but don’t begin exfoliation until 48 hours have passed since you had your waxing done. We have a microdermabrasion type scrub that will not interfere with waxing and makes your waxing fast and easy. Will not leave the skin oily or greasy. Safe to use on all body parts, even the face. Fresh lemon scent.
We also have an ingrown hair serum for men and women. Formulated for all skin types, even sensitive skin. It is highly effective, yet gentle on the skin – does not burn or irritate. Packaged in a roll on for neat, clean application.
What should I use to moisturizer?
Absolutely. We have a tea tree oil based moisturizer that helps to alleviate trauma to the skin. Leaves skin feeling calmer and refreshed.
Can I be waxed while on my period?
Yes, if you have your period, we don’t mind waxing at that time of the month . Make sure you are clean and wear a tampon so we can work around the string. (Warning: your skin is sensitive during your period.)