High frequency treatments are used to stimulate, sanitize and heal the skin by high frequency currents that generate warmth in the skin and stimulate nerve endings, in turn increasing blood circulation, nourishing the skin and improving product penetration within the skin. Direct high frequency offers the results of treating dry and dehydrated skin by increasing the activity in the sebaceous glands and causing a skin warming effect and provides benefits for those with blemish prone and acneic type skin by killing bacteria and eliminating oils.
How Does High Frequency Work?
It consists of a high frequency machine with a glass electrode attachment filled with either argon gas (blue/ violet colour) or neon gas (orange/red color). By placing the glass electrode on the skin, a germicidal and drying effect is created that kills bacteria and eliminates excess sebum (for oily skin) and a warming effect is created that increases activity in the glands and nourishes the skin (for dry skin).
Indication for treatment:
- Dry / Aging skin type
- Oily congested skins
- Improves the condition of oily areas, Drying excess oil/seborrhea.
- Anti-bacterial and germicidal: Helps destroy any bacteria present through the creation of ozone which has an anti-bacterial, germicidal effect on the surface of the skin.
- Increases cellular activity/metabolism.
- Improves the moisture balance of the skin.
- Improves the appearance of the skin as well as a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Healing, increased blood flow (white blood cells) and warmth.
The treatment step-by-step:
- Express High Frequency Facial begins with an evaluation of skin’s current condition.
- Followed by a deep cleansing with facial brush or ultrasonic spatula.
- Exfoliation to polish away impurities.
- 20 minutes of High Frequency Therapy to to stimulate, sanitize and heal the skin.
- Application of a soothing & anti-oxidant rich emollient serum to revitalize your skin.
- The perfect booster and moisturizer with SPF for your skin type.
- This is a 30 minutes Express Facial. It does not include extraction, mask, facial massage, essential oils. If you are looking for a full facial, please look at High Frequency Facial Therapy under 60 min Facial Therapies.