Dermaplaning provides an alternative to peels or microdermabrasion and is a good choice for anyone who has fine facial hair, extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, telangiectasia and is a great treatment to offer to patients who are pregnant or nursing who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin. It also may be used by your esthetician to prepare the skin for superficial chemical peels or before a cleansing facial.
How does it work?
The treatment is performed using a surgical blade to gently exfoliate dead skin cells in the Stratum Corneum and removes the vellus hair, commonly known as “peach fuzz”, which can trap excess dirt and oil. A noticeable improvement is immediate with smoother texture and fresh skin appearance. Hair returns softly and will not become coarser, it will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment.
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases the skin’s ability to absorb products better
- Reduces the appearance of hyper-pigmentation
- Stimulates circulation
- Encourages normal shedding (desquamation) of the stratum corneum
- Improves hydration
- Can be used in combination with chemical peels, meso therapy, micro current and other facial treatments
What is the downtime?
- Dermaplaning is most often used on patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance.
- The only contraindications to dermaplaning include an allergy to nickel, numerous raised lesions on the skin and inflamed acne.
The treatment step-by-step:
This treatment include a Signature facial:
- Dermaplaning Facial begins with an evaluation of skin’s current condition.
- Followed by a deep double cleanse with facial brush or ultrasonic spatula.
- Steam to soften and unclog skin pores.
- Mild extractions to decongest your pores.
- Dermaplaning is performed to exfoliate the outer layers of dead skin cells.
- High Frequency Therapy to to stimulate, sanitize and heal the skin.
- Application of the appropriate mask for your skin type/condition.
- Application of a booster to increase barrier function, while reducing redness and soothing the skin.
- The perfect balm to calm, soothe and provide antioxidant support to the skin with SPF for your skin type.